Monday, March 26, 2012

"The Hunger Games" by

Society has degenerated into a capitol with twelve satellites to support it. With no rights, many of the people live in poverty, suffering from hunger and depression. Once there was an uprising, but the powerful army from the capitol put it down and now once a year each satellite must send one of its young people to the "Hunger Games." It is a brutal day for the young people as they are forced to dress up and see if their name is called, yet it continues. As Katniss and Peeta are whisked away, the people of their section believe they are lost. But, what if there is a chance of survival? Can either of them win this battle to the death? Who is your pick to win "The Hunger Games"?

Wow is all I can say! The book had me riveted from the beginning. There were characters I loved and those I intensely disliked, yet all were necessary to make it work. I recommend this book to readers of all ages because it crosses all lines. I went out and bought the other two books in the series and can't wait to start them.

No comments:

Post a Comment