Monday, September 5, 2011

"Liquid Smoke" by Jeff Shelby

Noah Braddock is a P.I. who is finally enjoying some quiet time in his life and relationships. Things seem to be going well enough for him to do some fun things, like surfing, until a case is dropped into his lap. This is no ordinary case. A lawyer, Darcy, wants him to investigate a killer. Normally, Noah could put off getting into the case, but then he finds out the killer is his father - a father he had never known. As his peace comes unraveled, Noah grapples with what to do with the request. Should he help Darcy uncover the "truth"? Should Noah go talk to this man he has never met? Can Noah walk away? The twists and turns will keep you guessing and glued to the page.

I enjoyed this book very much and was totally attracted to it because of the title. I had to know what it meant. Noah is a complex, likeable character, and I found myself rooting for him. This book will keep mystery and suspense readers happy. Thank you to FSB Media for the free copy I was given. I highly recommend the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment