Tuesday, September 27, 2011

"The Scroll" by Grant R. Jeffrey & Alton L. Gansky

Mystery and intrigue await you in this tale of archaeology in Israel. Dr. David Chambers is a famed archeologist looking for a new type of dig. In running away from a painful past, he is also running away from God and moves his focus away from biblical archeology. Dr. Amber Rogers and Nuri Aumann are brought together with David by Dr. Abram Ben-Judah, and that is no small feat. The past comes to haunt them in more ways than one, but there are the pieces of the copper scroll to find. Who else wants them? Can these three work together to solve the mystery or will bitterness thwart their efforts? What is John Trent's stake in this journey? As the story unfolds, you will find fear, love, jealousy, and so much more. This is an archeological journey that can mean the life or death of faith for one or all of the team.

I really enjoyed this book. The pace of the story kept me reading and there were just enough questions in my mind for me to keep searching for answers. Parts of the story made me want to participate in a real dig. The authors have created realistic characters who have real struggles and feelings. I found the fact that David struggles with his faith to be an important part of the book and couldn't wait to find out how that would be resolved. This book is for anyone who loves history, mystery, suspense and stories about archeology. Book clubs will enjoy discussing it as well. I received my free copy from the Blogging for Books program and thank them for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment