Thursday, April 12, 2012

"Eyes of Justice" by Lis Wiehl with April Henry

In this newest installment of the "Triple Threat Club," one of them is murdered. It is so unexpected, so devastating, and all the remaining two can think of is catching the killer. But, the killer may be out to get more than one member of the group. A new character arrives on the scene. Her name is Olivia and while she is young and rich, she is also reclusive and picky about what she does with her time. As a PI she can be. This is a case she wants to help with and dives in. While the investigation takes her places she doesn't want to go, she is after the truth. Will the killer discover who she is and mark her for murder too? Why are Cassidy, Allison, and Nicole targets? Is this fourth novel the end of the series? Come join the ladies in their hunt for a killer.

I was shocked when one of these ladies was murdered and the others became targets. I have really enjoyed reading about these three strong female characters and didn't want any of them to die. But....  Lis Wiehl sucked me right into the story again and it wouldn't let me go until I finished. Olivia was an interesting character to add to the story, and I enjoyed learning more about the others. I recommend this book to all mystery/suspense/murder book readers. You will not be disappointed! I received my free review copy from Book Sneeze. Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Excellent review. I really enjoyed this book--after I recovered a bit from the shock of having one of the Triple Threat gals murdered! The loss of one of the main characters early in the book is much more shocking if you have read the previous books in the series. So I recommend your readers read at least one--Heart of Ice was a great one.
    This book is a great blend of mystery, suspense and chick lit. The friendships between the women are portrayed realistically, complete with occasional insecurities and self-doubts, but also fierce loyalty. Lis’ experience in the legal field and in the media allows her to write realistically about these characters and their adventures as they solve crimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have read all of the books in the series and recommend them all. Your comments are right on. I love Lis Wiehl's experience talking through her writing.

      Delete