Friday, January 27, 2012

"40 Days to Better Health: Weight Management" by Dr. Scott Morris

The Church Health Center in Memphis is a faith based clinic that specializes in helping people apply all aspects of their lives to health, and Dr. Scott Morris is its founder. In this new book, those areas are examined so that individuals can be more in control of their weight. What are the areas? Faith, Medical, Movement, Work, Emotional, Family and Friends. When taken as a whole individuals will not only be able to work on themselves, but find the support system to stick to their plan. Reading the personal stories provides inspiration to continue the lifelong goal of weight management. The challenge is to try this for 40 days and see how your life and health change. Amazing things happen when we combine all the areas! Come on, why not try? Be amazed in just 40 day.
 
I love to read books that will help me with weight loss/management. This book especially spoke to me because it combines all areas of my life and gives me more tools for success. The daily goals are attainable, and I loved the personal stories, morning reflections, and daily practices sections. I recommend this book to anyone who would love an extra nudge, or just wants more practical suggestions on weight management. I received my free copy from Net Galley and the publisher, and thank them for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment