Sunday, November 6, 2011

"The Traitor's Daughter" by Paula Brandon

Jianna is a rich, spoiled eighteen year-old on her way to meet her fiance. Her world has filtered out what is really going on outside, but the troubling truth meets her when she is kidnapped by men standing against her father. What will she do when she discovers that her aunt is holding her hostage? Revolution, magic, kidnapping, plague, chaos, and love all come together in this novel where competing family members vie for control of the land. The magic is failing. Will anyone be able to save the land and its people? How will Falaste Rione fit into the story? Will Jianna ever really know the truth about her family?

This is the first book in a new trilogy by Paula Brandon, and I can't wait to read the next one. I loved the complex story and character line. It made me pay attention. There are also plenty of hooks to keep me waiting for the next one! I recommend this book to any reader who enjoys fantasy or even stretching their own boundaries. I received my review copy through Net Galley and thank them for the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment