Thursday, October 20, 2011

"I Used to Know That Geography" by Will Williams and Caroline Taggart

In our ever changing world, it is important to have a general idea of geography. In this new book, Williams & Taggart lay out the basics of geography in an easy to read fashion. The book is broken into sections, making finding information about a specific area of the world a snap. Information dealing with continents, countries, capitals, and landforms abounds within these pages. There are also "Geo Gems" with fun information throughout the book(like "What is the difference between a rain forest and a jungle?" pg.69), and the "human" side of geography is presented with sections like: "The Dust Bowl: A Combination of Human Error and Bad Weather" - pg. 62 - 63. This is a book that will have readers of all ages learning/refreshing facts without stress or pressure.

I continue to enjoy this fun, informative book. It is helpful in my job as well as in my personal life, and I will have a copy in both places. I recommend this book to anyone who wants to brush up on their knowledge or who wants a great reference book for home or office. It will also make a great gift for people of all ages. I received my review copy from FSB Media and Anna Suknov, and thank them very much for the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment