Saturday, June 5, 2010

"The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" by Stieg Larssen

This novel begins with the Wennerstrom scandal and works its way into the Vangar family secrets. Throughout the maze of crime and passion, two characters work to uncover the truth. Lisbeth Salander and Mikail Blomkvist, unlikely companions, find themselves drawn into not only one missing person's case, but also into industrial espionage. While both cases are separate, Salander and Blomkvist work together on the solutions.  There are many twists and turns to the climax of each case. What they find can tear them apart or bring them together. It might even be the death of them.

I had a very hard time getting into this novel, probably because there were so many people to try to keep track of. But, I was determined to keep trying because of the recommendations I had been given. It finally caught my attention about a third of the way in and by the half way point, I couldn't put it down! While I did figure out parts, there were twists and turns that I didn't see coming. I will eventually read the other two books in the series, which means, I guess I am hooked too.

2 comments:

  1. I have actually heard alot of people had a hard time getting into this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While it was difficult to get into, it was well worth the read! =)

    ReplyDelete