Sunday, June 14, 2009

"Prayers For Sale"

Sandra Dallas has done a wonderful job with this book. Middle Swan, Colorado is a mining town, and as you can imagine, it has a full cast of interesting characters living there. From the miners to the wives to the hookers, you will be pulled into their world.

Hennie Comfort is eighty-six and has lived in Middle Swan for over sixty years. Her stories gave me a glimpse into the people and situations that have made up her life. (I would love to hear more!) Nit Spindle is seventeen when she comes to town with her husband. Hennie and Nit become friends, making the transitions each of them need to make easier.

Come meet Hennie and her friends. Discover the meaning behind the sign on her fence that simply reads, "Prayers For Sale." Uncover the secret that has kept Hennie out of church for many years. Come to Middle Swan, Colorado and get a taste of mining life with its tragedies and its pleasures. It is a place I will definitely revisit in the future.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Prayers-for-Sale/Sandra-Dallas/e/9780312385187/?itm=1

2 comments:

  1. Donna:

    I have heard good things about this book. I was at B&N yesterday and just made a list of the books I want - waiting for the multiple B&N giftcards as a result of last month's charge bill - yikes! - some unexpected expenses and it was big. I may have to add this to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about waiting for giftcards! Another great way to get books. =)

    ReplyDelete