Monday, June 22, 2009

"Of Bees and Mist"

I had the opportunity to read an advanced reader copy of "Of Bees and Mist" as part of the B&N First Look group. While I wasn't pulled into the story immediately, I became totally engrossed after a few chapters. Erick Setiawan weaves a story filled with fantastical images and supernatural happenings. I found myself hearing the bees, smelling the flowers, feeling the mist, and visiting the places he writes about. (The cover is a "picture" of the story, so be sure to look it over.) This is a story filled with personal and family turmoil and struggle. As a reader, I wanted to know what would happen at the end and what the images and allusions meant.

If you are looking for a book by a new author that will challenge you as a reader, this is definitely the book for you. If you love adventure, escapism, and fantasy in a book, this book is also for you.

Of Bees and Mist: I Got a First Look at Barnes & Noble. Get Your Copy Now

No comments:

Post a Comment