Tuesday, April 29, 2014

"The Third Day" by Alex Webb-Peploe (Illustrator)

Written for teens, this graphic novel illustrates the events of Luke 22 - 24. The change from "comic book" to graphic novel has been interesting, with graphics and text being honed for specific age groups. Christian publishers are finding, and filling, the need for Christian young people to have this type of novel for their own. Through the text and illustrations, teens can get a realistic feel of Easter, for the crucifixion of Christ;  a feel that may help bring its reality to life for them. This is a Bible story told in a new and different way and is only about 48 pages long.  

I wasn't sure what I would think about this book when I signed up to review it, but found myself drawn in differently to the story I know so well. I wasn't sure if I liked the idea of making the Bible into a graphic novel, but I was pleasantly surprised! It was fun to read, touched my heart, and conveyed its message. Isn't that what we want when we ask our children to read the Bible?  If you have young people in your home who enjoy graphic novels, this would probably be a great selection for you. And, with more to hopefully follow, it could provide the beginning of a library your teens will love to revisit.  I received my review copy from Cross Focused Reviews for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment