Saturday, December 18, 2010

“Blind Hope” by Kim Meeder and Laurie Sacher


“Sliding to a stop, Laurie planted both of her poles and looked at me thoughtfully. ‘My sweet blind dog had helped me understand that in every sorrow, fear, and loneliness, whether I could see Him or not, God has always been with me.” pg. 102
A storm filled woman and an unwanted dog form a partnership of love and life-changing lessons. Laurie wanted to do adopt a dog. She thought she had found the perfect, cute dog in a home that didn’t want her. Instead when she arrived, she found Mia, a dog with many problems. Through caring for Mia, Laurie has come to recognize many realities about her relationship with God. As Laurie shares her thoughts and lessons with Kim, the owner of the Crystal Peaks Youth Ranch, the words “trust, listen, and believe” stand out. Those words become very special to all of them.
While I thought this book was going to be about a rescued dog, I found rather a book about examples of right relationships and communication with God. It is more of a readily available counseling book. The short chapters and quick object lessons enable you to grasp what the author is saying easily. This book is great for sharing with someone who needs to be lifted up, and would make a great discussion choice for book groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment