Thursday, October 22, 2009

"Green" by Ted Dekker

"Green" is the classic good vs. evil type of book. It is advertised as a book that can either begin or end the popular "Circle" series by Ted Dekker. Time changes quickly bouncing between the present and the future, with references to the past. One man, Thomas Hunter, tries to save his future world from corruption only to find that his son, Samuel, is rebelling against Elyon, their God, and the "Great Romance." As evil grows the problems seem insurmountable. Will Thomas be able to save his world from a descent into evil? Will Samuel get his heart right?

Meanwhile, Billy is trying to find answers to his own problems in the present time. His search for the vial of Thomas Hunter's blood escalates, as he tries to find the hidden books of history. The vial of blood is essential. Was the vial destroyed?

I found it difficult to get into this book. Maybe it is because I didn't read the other three books and had no real starting point with the characters. Eventually I found myself pulled into the story, picking the people I wanted to win. I found the parallels to Bible times interesting, but also felt a little uncomfortable. I will be getting the other books so that I read Ted Dekker's complete thoughts here. I would recommend that readers pick up the "Circle" trilogy first, then read this one.
Buy
Read

No comments:

Post a Comment