Sunday, September 13, 2009

"Evermore" by Alyson Noel

Would you want to live on the earth forever, watching those you love die? The first book in "The Immortals: series poses that dilemma. Ever survives an accident which takes the lives of the rest of her family. Her struggle with her guilt for living causes her problems on a daily basis. What part does her dead sister, Riley, play in her life? Her ability to read people's minds and auras seems to be a curse, one she wishes to break. But, enter a handsome stranger - Damen. What hold does he have on her? Can he help her? Will Ever make it through her run-in's with Drina? Is Ever immortal? The answers to these questions, and more, await the reader.

I found this book to be very much like the "Twilight" series. Beautiful, troubled girl meets extremely handsome immortal man. And, as the "Twilight" series did, "Evermore" drew me in and encouraged me to stay, to hear their story. I will now pick up my copy of "Blue Moon." =) While this is listed as a teen read, I think people of all ages can read and enjoy Alyson Noel's story.

No comments:

Post a Comment