Tuesday, August 14, 2018

"Empire of Gold" by Jo Amdahl

"Empire of Gold" is a series of stories that helps readers meet Bible characters like Jeremiah and Nebuchadnezzar in a new way. Jo Amdahl takes the time to give her readers the facts as well as some background color in order to being these historical characters and places to life. Readers learn a lot about Jeremiah and his mission.

Historical records bring the past to life, letting us meet people like Jeremiah, a prophet from his youth; and Daniel, who stood for God even when he had to stand alone. As Jo Amdahl tells their stories, readers really get to meet them. What was life like for them? How did they make the decisions they did? How did others like King Nebuchadnezzar affect those around them? Why was/is Jeremiah so important? This book will help answer those questions and encourage you to keep reading.

I enjoyed this book. I have grown up knowing the story of Jeremiah and those who lived during his lifetime, and yet still found some new things about each of them. I love when a book does that for me! If you enjoy books that help you glean new information and encourage your soul, this book is a good choice for you. I recommend it to everyone. I received my free review copy from BookLook Bloggers for an honest review. The words and rating are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment