Wednesday, May 18, 2011

"The Skin Map" by Stephen R. Lawhead

Kit Livingstone leads a very boring life and you can see that clearly in his choice of his boring girlfriend, Wilhemina. Boring until the day Kit meets his great-grandfather, Cosimo, (supposedly long dead) while on his way to see Mina. This meeting changes his life completely. Kit begins to learn about "Ley Lines", parallel universes, and travel portals. He tried to explain this to Wilhemina; he even tried to take her with him. All that did was result in Wilhemina landing in another place and time; a place where she needs to find a way to survive. Kit and Cosimo begin to look for her, but their most important task is finding the "skin map." This powerful map was created by a man who mapped out all of the ley lines on his body. But, they are not the only ones looking for the map. Who will find the map first?  Will they find Wilhemina? What will happen between Mina and Etzel? Is it alright to move around in time and tweak events?

I had a hard time getting into this book, although I now want to read the rest of the series to find out how it ends. The story is set in England and jumped around too much for me. I did, however, get the hang of it about half way through. I recommend this book to those who love fantasy/sci-fi books. Thank you to the Book Sneeze program for my copy of the book! I loved reading it on my Nook.

No comments:

Post a Comment