Wednesday, March 21, 2012

"Gossip" by Beth Gutcheon

Secrets. We all have them and long to share them with someone who will keep them locked away and not share them. What happens when one person holds so many of her friend's secrets that it is hard to keep them in? In her new novel, Beth Gutcheon deals with the relationships of a small group of women and the secrets one holds for them all. "Lovie" is the trusted confidant holding the secrets of her friends, Dinah and Avis. But the truth about the relationships is tested when two of their children fall in love - Dinah's son and Avis's daughter. Will Nick and Grace survive the turmoil and heartbreak headed their way? Will Lovie keep the secrets hidden away, or will something spill out? Come enter the world of friendship, trust, and betrayal. You will discover the truth about gossip and how it can affect people's lives.

I enjoyed this book more that I thought I might. The three main characters were friends who had their ups and downs the way normal people do. They could be friends of any of us, and it was easy to see why they gravitated to Lovie when letting out their secrets. The story drew me in and pulled me along. It was easy to empathize with all of those affected by gossip. I recommend this to readers who love to read a good story with some thoughtful points. I received my free review copy from FSB Associates, and thank them for the opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment